10/31/12

Halloween pics - From you

I'll be posting our Halloween pics here.

I'm an amateur makeup artist so Halloween means full face makeup and custom costuming for everyone in my house.

Here's on of my favorite pics from 2 years ago. It ran this past Sunday (10/28/12) in the Raleigh News and Observer Sunday paper in Section 1 on page 7A. http://triangle.upickem.net/engine/Details.aspx?p=A&c=71018&s=24888435&i=1&sort=#SD


I thought we looked cool in a retro, classic kind of way.

There's some creative costumes in the gallery too. Don't forget to check them out while you're there.

My method of creating:  I do makeup first, THEN have them put on their costumes and pull accessories/accents as I need them to round out the outfit, then finish blurring the makeup into the edge. This order means I don't have to worry about staining up the clothes. But I do have to worry about getting done. My kids don't sit still long enough for me to get the makeup down to their clothes' line once they've changed clothes. And since they were running out the door to trick-or-treat, I rush out to catch them. Oh well. Maybe I'll get to do the finishing touches this year.

This year, I've been told I'll have 2 zombie boys to make up. Me? Maybe a fiery devil or temptress. I never know until it's all done. Whatever strikes me when I go to the closet and the mirror tomorrow.

What do you like to dress as? What will you be this year?

Don't forget to take pictures before you head out. A 12 megapixel camera is all you need to get shots that can be uploaded or printed and framed.

Hint:  A plain wall makes the best backdrop.

Then I love Shutterfly for making themed, hardcover picture books. Now that I've got a decade of Halloween pics, I can't wait to make a new Halloween book.

Hope you have a safe, happy, candy-filled Halloween wherever you are.

1 comment:

  1. I'm gone to inform my little brother, that
    he should also go to see this web site on regular basis to take updated from hottest information.

    ReplyDelete

Speak up here.