11/6/12

God, President Obama & Politics - Happy Voting Day!

If you haven't done so yet, please get out to vote!

If you'd like to see how the politicians stand on God, read O Magazine's November 2012 issue with the indepth interviews of Obama and Romney.

Some interesting excerpts...

OBAMA on faith...
Oprah: " Can you tell me what it means to you to be a Christian?"

OBAMA: "What it means is that I believe that Jesus Christ died for my sins, and that his example of caring and treating others as you want to be treated, and expressing loving compassion for all of God's children and this beautiful planet, are obligations I now have to take on myself...If you weren't religious before you became president, this office will make you religious."

OBAMA:  "I'm in a constant conversation with God and that voice that is true about doing the right thing. And sometimes just giving strength when you're feeling low."

Oprah:  personal mantra?
OBAMA:  "This is the little prayer I say every night. "Thanks for all the blessings that I've been given, thank you for the joy of my family, and making me an instrument in your world."
 
Note: No matter who you vote for, Chances are 1/2 of you will be mad or disappointed. We are a united country with differing opinions. The president's office is a majority vote, if you ignore the electoral college stuff. No matter who's elected, I ask you to pray for the leaders of our country to work together to accomplish what's best for us all.
Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak up here.