2/6/13

Do you believe in ghosts?




My son ran downstairs this morning saying he creeped himself out. When he went upstairs to finish getting ready for school, he opened one door...and another door closed. I explained about the air currents and the heat pushing and pulling on the non-stationary things as they heat the house.

"But Mom," he said. "I saw something black."

"I bet you did," I replied. His eyes got huge.

"We have a ghost? You've seen it?!"

"No. But I have seen something black in your room."

He was speechless.

I tugged on his sleeve. He was dressed in navy and black from head to toe. "You, honey. You look like a flash of black when you run in front of the bathroom mirror."

He smiled and let out his held breath.

"While I do believe in ghosts--you know I do--not everyone does. I would know if we had one. We do not have a ghost problem." Although occasionally the spirit of a passed loved one has a message they'd like to me to pass on to someone, but that's a story for another time.

Those kinds of beliefs used to get people hung or burned at the stake. BUT from the proliferation of the ghost reality shows on TV [Paranormal State, Celebrity Ghost Stories, Psychic Kids, A Haunting, etc.) I have to think that most of you believe. I don't know, though. You tell me.

So, Do you believe in ghosts? Ever seen one? I'd love to hear more in the comments below.


PS I LOVED Casper the Friendly Ghost cartoon as a kid. Suprisingly, I also LOVE the Casper movie with Christina Ricci. There's one line that creeps me out though and Casper repeats it:  "Can I keep you?"

http://www.amazon.com/Casper-Widescreen-Special-Chauncey-Leopardi/dp/B0000AK7AA/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1360164864&sr=1-1&keywords=casper

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak up here.