9/9/13

"Being me."

If you're a fan of Gretchen Rubin's The Happiness Project, then you know this rule as the "Be Gretchin" advice. In my case, let's call it the "Be me" rule.

We took the kids to the amusement park this past weekend. I wasn't looking forward to it, but I'd hoped to find my old love of coasters. No such luck. I spent most of my time on the sidelines, taking pictures.
At least I know now, for sure, that I don't ever want to get on anything that spins and rushes like a run away train. I don't want the thrill--I'll get it some other way.

Yes.

No.

 
 
 
No longer :( (I once rode this ride 7 times straight.)
 
 
Creepy clown.


After trying to find my former love for roller coasters, I had to admit I was no longer that girl. I used to ride all the loop-de-loops, corkscrews, twisting, spinning. No more.

BioBands and Children's Dramamine  only postponed the inevitable. I spent the next day sipping Pepsi on ice and eating salty things. Eventually I stopped feeling green.

I've heard that the inner ear changes in middle age is to blame, especially in women.

And now there's evidence that riding them can cause ear damage? Read more here .

No thanks. From now on, "NO!" will be my answer to "Do you want to come to the amusement park with us?"

I know me, and I know I'm good right here on the ground taking your picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak up here.