9/10/13

Estranged 1

 
 
 
 
Look up Estranged in google search and you get:
 
 
estranged -- to cause (someone) to be no longer close or affectionate to someone; alienate. synonyms: alienate, antagonize, turn away, drive away, distance;
 
Origin


late 15th cent.: from Old French estranger , from Latin extraneare ‘treat as a stranger,’ from extraneus ‘not belonging to the family,’ used as a noun to mean ‘stranger.’ Compare with strange."
 

 

Over the Labor Day weekend, my husband, kids and I ran into my "estranged" sister and my mom at a local event. Awkward! to say the least. It had been 12 years, 2 houses, 2 kids, and 1 move to and from another state since we'd last seen each other.
 
Why mention it here? I named this blog GGG to force myself to come out of the psychic closet.
 
I'm lucky/blessed that on the ride there I'd gotten a psychic warning to prepare myself & my family for the inevitable meeting. I considered the options, announced what to expect from me [a little time to compose my reaction before approaching them] and let them know it was okay for them to react normally. I'd be fine.
 
And I was. There is no hatred on my side. Only sadness at the situation and the burden it places on my mom and dad. I can't do more than pray and behave lovingly, as I have done. But I have made another attempt at mending fences for peace's sake.
 
Thank heaven for Divine Guidance. When you're tuned in to your psychic gifts, you have the wisest Counselor advising you. Your gifts help you hone your skills.
 
 
And if you have children, I believe you owe it to them to help them learn to live within their God-given gifts.
 
Yes, God given. No matter what you may have been led to believe, psychic gifts are Divine gifts. Don't believe me? See 1 Corinthians 12 for more details. Here's an excerpt:

Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. To one there is given through the Spirit a message of wisdom, to another a message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, 10 to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues,[a] and to still another the interpretation of tongues.[b] 11 All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he distributes them to each one, just as he determines.

Are you hiding a gift? What good could you contribute if you "came out" of the psychic closet? Please comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak up here.