9/24/13

It's a GREAT Day!




To quote Joyce Meyer,
"I know that something good is going to happen to me today."

And not just because it's my birthday.

True, I started the morning with some really great stuff:

  • a snuggle, hug, kiss and word of love from my hubby
  • a kiss and hug from my youngest guy
  • a hug from my oldest son
  • a bacon, eggs, toast, coffee & OJ breakfast made by all 3 of my men
  • LeAnn Rimes's Nothin' Better To Do
  • Natasha Bedingfield's Pocketful of Sunshine song
  • Mandisa's Good Morning song
  • a birthday song made by my youngest son at 1happybirthday.com
  • wonderful Facebook well wishes from friends near and far
  • a birthday call from my parents


Once everyone left for the day, I lit my Miami Diamond Candles to fill the room with a great scent and illuminate my dreams for our upcoming trip.

Sounds great? It is. I am very blessed. Thank you, God.

BUT

But the dog woke us up again in the middle of the night. My husband coughed all night. My sore throat and congestion woke me on and off all night.
So I woke up crabby, with some of this cold still lingering.

I had to CHOOSE

to use some of the spirit tools in my tool belt.

I turned on the mp3 player on my phone and surrounded myself with "sacred music". The music I love always puts me in a good mood. It runs the gamut from Katy Perry (happy early birthday http://www.biography.com/people/katy-perry-562678) to Mandisa to LeAnn Rimes to the Benedictine Monk's chanting to Eminem to Josh Groban to Native American Flute...

I lit the "sacred flame".
I turned on Joyce Meyer's Enjoying Everyday Life.

In other words I'm keeping my attitude on track for my birthday. It's a day of blessings; it's the beginning of A YEAR WORTH REMEMBERING.

"Nobody has to have a bad attitude if you don't want to."  --Joyce Meyer

4 comments:

  1. Every one should need special birthday wishes to send loving persons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you a very very
    Happy Birthday to you and Birthday Wishes fill the life with joy and blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the great wishes, David! This year's birthday was even more fabulous because my health is getting better and better.
      Best wishes to you for a great year too.

      Delete

Speak up here.