So, which celebrities do you think are God Girl/Guy Goths?
- They should have spirituality at their core ("God").
- They should embrace their roles as wife/husband, daughter/son, mother/father, leader, etc. and be comfortable in their own skin ("girl/guy").
- They should be
- a) "a member of a Germanic people that overran the Roman Empire in the early centuries of the Christian era" ? No, not necessarily, but I am of German descent.
- b) a fan or performer of "rock music marked by dark and morbid lyrics"? Maybe, but not necessarily.
- c) "a person who wears mostly black clothing, uses dark dramatic makeup, and often has dyed black hair"? Maybe, but not necessarily.
Confession: I abbreviated Gothic to goth because I used to wear black clothing, wore dramatic makeup & loved my hair tinted in dark or red colors.
- So when I say Goth, I'm really talking about "Gothic"-- "of or relating to a style of writing that describes strange or frightening events that take place in mysterious places" . Yeah, that's it.
So, I'm looking for women & men who fully embrace their lives, their heritage, their passion & their darker/shadow selves and are open to exploring the mysteries of the universe.
Who would you nominate?
I'd start with
- Katy Perry
- Angelina Jolie
- Brad Pitt
- Oprah? probably not
- Channing Tatum? probably not
- Adam Levine
- Dylan McDermott --after his stint on American Horror Story, definitely
- Enrique Iglesias ?
- Jason Momoa of Game of Thrones?
- Ashton Kutcher
- Ian Somerhalder...definitely ;)
- Lady Gaga
- Emma Watson
- Abigail Spencer
- Rooney Mara
- Natalie Portman