What I did: Get a Facial
When I did it: My birthday
The Takeaway/What I learned:
- · It’s intimidating to let people see you so up close.
- · Many things show up on your face.
- · You can’t hide the care or lack of care you’re giving yourself in your skincare routine.
- · There are moments of relaxation and bliss—the steam, the smell of the fruity, organic scrub, cleanser & toner, the alternating hot and cold, the massage.
- · There are moments of discomfort—the extraction, some of the warming sensations, the scrutiny and the product endorsement. No matter how minor, it is an interruption to the relaxation process.
Rant: Save ANY talk of products used or recommended for checkout. Even better yet, email them a personalized skin care regime with links to purchase them online.
Rave: It was great to hear that a change I’d made in my skincare routine involving castor oil was improving my skin and not clogging my pores like I was afraid it would.
Next time?: I do see the benefits of putting my best face forward with a facial. I believe before important events, I might splurge. But because of my love of massage & the more comprehensive benefits of full-body work, I will probably schedule DIY facials and spend my $ on more massage.
Words of Wisdom:
Put your best face forward.