The Official List
The Adventures Began September 24, 2013
By September 24, 2014, I hope to have completed at least 100 items from my Year To Remember (Y2R) list.
My progress so far...
Crossed out items were completed or excluded. Look for a post on either the adventure (Y2R) or the fail.
New haircut from new stylist#4 http://godgirlgoth.blogspot.com/2013/11/y2r-adventure-4-new-do.html?m=1 Facial#2 http://godgirlgoth.blogspot.com/2013/10/y2r-adventure-2-facial.html Massage#1 http://godgirlgoth.blogspot.com/2013/09/y2r-adventure-1-massage.html Flight instruction lesson#3 http://godgirlgoth.blogspot.com/2013/10/y2r-adventure-3-flying-lessons.html
- New hair color Bought. Waiting until after a business meeting function :)
- Permanent tattoo? no. Any alternatives other than henna?
Host Attend an Adults-Only Halloween Party Miami trip Hang out in the Venus Williams' Royal Palm Presidential sans kids for a few days Snorkel in the Florida Keys Salsa dance in Miami
- Go to a reunion. I've never been to a high school or college reunion. Read my upcoming memoir, then you'll understand.
- Get my first psychic reading.
- Take improv or standup comedy class.
- Go on a ghost hunting tour.
- My 1st professional bikini wax (ouch!http://hairremoval.about.com/od/waxing/a/bikini-styles.htm)
- Be an extra in a local movie or series
- Finish my memoir
- Sell memoir in an auction :)
Go scuba diving **Sadly, initial research is making this look like a bad/potentially fatal idea with my unstable asthma symptoms.**
- Go skydiving with my husband. **IF my memoir proposal goes to auction, I'll skydive for sure. :)
Enter something into the State Fair
- Sell my first piece of art
- Create Zentangle gifts
Enter scarecrow into local competition.
- Singing Lessons (my family will thank me :) ) (Thnx to @7SacredPools 4 suggestion.)
- Try out for a part in a play. (Thnx to @7SacredPools 4 suggestion.)
- Take a cooking class.
- Make a video short.
- Go swimming with the dolphins. (suggested by my sis-in-law. I'm torn btw the experience and the potential harm to the dolphins.)
- Collect $ for Trick or Treat for UNICEF or other charity.
- Let youngest son try out for Cub Scouts (I had said "NO!" after his brother's stint.) If he joins, I'll be the one doing the activities with him as a "scout mom".)
- Sign up for running training program.
- Finish a 5k.
- Meditate for 15 minutes a day most days. (Reinstate practice.)
- Do 10 perfect pushups.
- Camp out under the starry skies. (@7SacredPools suggestion, modified.)
- Visit one of the great national parks.
- Join Toastmasters.
- Visit Georgia's Aquarium.
- Pitch/Interview with a TV producer.
- Read 40 books. (Reading is a luxury in my busy life.)
- See The Story-A Christmas Celebration.http://www.premierproductions.com/tour/story-tour-christmas-celebration
- Take up an instrument & get decent at playing it.
- Girls' weekend away.
- Take a pottery/ceramics class.
- Carve pumpkins with kids.
- Zip line.
- Be part of a flash mob.
- Draw funny faces on the eggs in my refrigerator.
- Tithe 10% of my advance to some of my favorite causes. :)
- Wear a bikini out in public.
- Girls weekend. (Thanks to @lettygarced )
- Read 50 Shades of Grey to see what all the hoopla's about, or something racy from Ellora's Cave.
- Tour a winery
- Go to one of the big parades: Mardi Gras, Macy's Thanksgiving, NY Eve in Times Square etc. (@7SacredPools suggestion) Does the CH/Carr City parade count ;)
- Visit Biltmore House at Christmas.
- Drive a race car (Thanks to @lettygarced).
- Sit on a sandy beach reading a book and drinking a "big giant head" drink. (Us not having an adventure vacation is a BIG deal.)
- Couples massage.
- Try out for a game show (like Jeopardy, Wheel of Fortune, etc.).
- Go camping with family.
- Ride/drive jet skis.
- Be in the audience of one of my favorite tv shows.
- Hire a stylist/wardrobe consultant.
- Throw an Unexpected 20th anniversary party (that hubby doesn't want) OR my parents a 50th wedding anniversary party next year.
- Las Vegas trip with shows.
- Watch a Broadway show.
Watch a Burlesque show. Swim with sea turtles, shark and sting ray. Visit the Florida Keys.#5 http://godgirlgoth.blogspot.com/2013/11/y2r-adventure-5-keys.html?m=1
- Stay in a bed and breakfast for the first time.
Go kayaking at night on an illuminated kayak.
- Support a child on an angel tree. (It's been on my to-do list for soooo long.)
- Make a Vegetarian Turducken! http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/15/veggieducken-vegetarian-turducken_n_2133160.html (On the whole, I don't like poultry, but poor piggies! I love me some NC BBQ --eastern or western--and bacon.
- Enter a cooking contest.