2/24/14

90 Adventures to Go

Updated Adventure List 2/26

Boy, I'm behind. And I need your help to fill out my list. Please comment with your G to PG-13 ideas.
Thanks!
GGG


Please help me add more to my list.

My adventure list possibilities, updated periodically with additions and completed activities crossed off. Check back for changes. Feel free to suggest PG-13 options. Thanks!




The Official 100 Adventures List
Original plan:  to be done with 100 new adventures by my birthday 2014.
Yes, I started off with some slow pitches, just to get the ball rolling.

  1. New haircut from new stylist          http://godgirlgoth.blogspot.com/2013/11/y2r-adventure-4-new-do.html
  2. Facial              http://godgirlgoth.blogspot.com/2013/10/y2r-adventure-2-facial.html
  3. Massage               http://godgirlgoth.blogspot.com/2013/09/y2r-adventure-1-massage.html
  4. Flight instruction lesson              http://godgirlgoth.blogspot.com/2013/10/y2r-adventure-3-flying-lessons.html   
  5. New hair color
  6. Permanent tattoo? No. Maybe. Not yet. Are there any alternatives other than henna and temporary tattoos?
  7. Host, no Attend an Adults' Only Halloween Party.         http://godgirlgoth.blogspot.com/2014_01_01_archive.html
  8. Miami trip               
  9. Hang out in the Venus Williams' Royal Palm Presidential sans kids for a few days          
  10. Snorkel in the Florida Keys               http://godgirlgoth.blogspot.com/2013/11/y2r-adventure-6-snorkel-in-florida-keys.html  
  11. Salsa dance    Technically, I salsa-ed right there on that pier, knowing I probably wouldn't make it into a Miami club with how sick I was. http://godgirlgoth.blogspot.com/2014/01/y2r-adventure-9-wear-bikini.html
  12. Go to a reunion.    Yeah. I don't think so. I've never been to a high school or college reunion. Read my upcoming memoir, then you'll understand.
  13. Get my first psychic reading.
  14. Take improv or standup comedy class.
  15. Go on a ghost hunting tour.
  16. My 1st professional bikini wax            (ouch! http://hairremoval.about.com/od/waxing/a/bikini-styles.htm)
  17. Be an extra in a local movie or series
  18. Finish my memoir
  19. Sell memoir in an auction :)
  20. Go scuba diving  **Sadly, initial research is making this look like a bad/potentially fatal idea with my unstable asthma symptoms.**  http://godgirlgoth.blogspot.com/2013/11/fail-1-scuba-diving.html
  21. Go skydiving with my husband.
  22. Enter something into the State Fair           http://godgirlgoth.blogspot.com/2013/11/fail-2-enter-something-into-state-fair.html
  23. Sell my first piece of art
  24. Create Zentangle gifts
  25. Enter scarecrow into local competition.   Not in 2013, but maybe in 2014?
  26. Singing Lessons (my family will thank me :) )  (Thnx to @7SacredPools 4 suggestion.)
  27. Try out for a part in a play. (Thnx to @7SacredPools 4 suggestion.)
  28. Take a cooking class.        upcoming
  29. Make a video short.
  30. Go swimming with the dolphins. (suggested by my sis-in-law. I'm torn btw the experience and the potential harm to the dolphins.)         No.
  31. Collect $ for Trick or Treat for UNICEF or other charity. 
  32. Let youngest son try out for Cub Scouts (I had said "NO!" after his brother's stint.) If he joins, I'll be the one doing the activities with him as a "scout mom".)   He decided to wait until Boy Scouts in Middle School. 
  33. Sign up for running training program.
  34. Finish a 4k.         upcoming
  35. Meditate for 15 minutes a day most days. (Reinstate practice.)   In progress
  36. Do 10 perfect pushups.         In progress
  37. Camp out under the starry skies. (@7SacredPools suggestion, modified.)
  38. Visit one of the great national parks.          In planning
  39. Join Toastmasters.
  40. Visit Georgia's Aquarium.
  41. Pitch/Interview with a TV producer.             Fingers crossed for it to come through.
  42. Read 40 books. (Reading is a luxury in my busy life.)           In progress.
  43. See The Story-A Christmas Celebration. http://www.premierproductions.com/tour/story-tour-christmas-celebration
  44. Take up an instrument & get decent at playing it.               At the beginning.
  45. Girls' weekend away.
  46. Take a pottery/ceramics class.
  47. Carve pumpkins with kids.     Done!
  48. Zip line.
  49. Be part of a flash mob.
  50. Draw funny faces on the eggs in my refrigerator.
  51. Tithe 10% of my advance to some of my favorite causes. :)
  52. Wear a bikini in public.    http://godgirlgoth.blogspot.com/2014/01/y2r-adventure-9-wear-bikini.html
  53. Girls weekend. (Thanks to @lettygarced )
  54. Read 50 Shades of Grey to see what all the hoopla's about, or something racy from Ellora's Cave.
  55. Tour a winery
  56. Go to one of the big parades: Mardi Gras, Macy's Thanksgiving, NY Eve in Times Square etc. (@7SacredPools suggestion)
  57. Visit Biltmore House.
  58. Drive a race car (Thanks to @lettygarced).
  59. Sit on a sandy beach reading a book and drinking a "big giant head" drink. (Us not having an adventure vacation is a BIG deal.)
  60. Couples massage.
  61. Try out for a game show (like Jeopardy, Wheel of Fortune, etc.).
  62. Go camping with family.
  63. Ride/drive jet skis.
  64. Be in the audience of one of my favorite tv shows.
  65. Hire a stylist/wardrobe consultant.
  66. Host my parents' 50th anniversary party or our 20th anniversary party.
  67. Las Vegas trip with shows.
  68. Watch a Broadway show.
  69. Watch a Burlesque show.           Done!
  70. Swim with sea turtles, shark and sting ray.           Done! 
  71. Visit the Florida Keys.            http://godgirlgoth.blogspot.com/2013/11/y2r-adventure-5-keys.html
  72. Stay in a bed and breakfast for the first time.          http://godgirlgoth.blogspot.com/2013/11/y2r-adventure-7-b.html--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------new additions below:-------------------------------------------
  73. Joyce Meyer's 30 in 30 Challenge:  http://joycemeyer.org/articles/ea.aspx?article=take_the_challenge
  74. Write a list of 101 things that make me happy and take a picture of them. 

  75. Go to Paris with my husband.
  76. Host a Mardi Gras dinner/celebration.
  77. Help find 1 missing person or help to bring an open murder case to a close by using my medium & psychic abilities.
  78. Make my husband the Hummingbird Cake he never got for his birthday.
  79. Make sushi with the kids.
  80. Master mixing up 5 cocktail drinks to use when guests come over.  (thebar.com)
  81. Start a memory journal with the husband and kids.
  82. Go visit my BF in NJ. It's been too long since we've seen each other.
  83. Go camping with family.
  84. Learn 5 songs on piano.
  85. Learn to read tarot cards w/o help from book.
  86. Report psychic tips to police.    done!
  87. Go to shooting range. 
  88. Eat vegan for 1 month (to see if I feel better).
  89. Research local art galleries & show portfolio for entry.
  90. Create a collection of art to show at local art galleries.
  91. Buy our vacation/retirement home in the mountains.
  92. Learn to frame and matte art correctly.
  93. Help host a wedding shower.
  94. Walk to nearest town and back for lunch. (Now that's a long hike!)   In planning.
  95. If necessary, have sinus surgery to remove scar tissue or whatever is ailing me.
  96. Bring in $2000 for our elementary school during my last year of the fundraiser I began.
  97. Stain decks and chairs. (Both prettifying & meditative.)
  98. Reach my pre-asthma medicine's goal weight range.
  99. Sell my memoir as a book.
  100. Sell my memoir as a movie.
  101. Go see Joyce Meyer in person.
  102. Buy my first pair of bifocals/progressive glasses.   Done!
  103. Kayak some of the Intracoastal Waterway.
  104. Go back to Linda's Bar & Grill and see if it's still the best tasting burger in CH.
  105. Try that BLT at Merritt's Grill to see if it's worth the wait and the fame.
  106. Upgrade to a king bed for the master bedroom. 
Enough entries added to day. What are you doing? What would you add? Let's hear from YOU.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak up here.