2/6/14

Interviewee, GGG. That's me!

I'll go first. Probably not much of anything you don't know.



Q:           Introduce yourself.        
A:           Donna Reeve, aka GGG
Q:           Do you consider yourself spiritual or religious? Why, or why not?
A:           Both now. I started out Southern Baptist. It was too condemning and too restrictive. After fluttering around all kinds of religions, I realized I missed some of the rituals and the community. I have landed at a United Methodist Church with traditional and contemporary services. Still, my beliefs are so far beyond the scope of that branch of religion...
Q:           What life roles do you find yourself living at this moment in time? Which one(s) surprises you?
A:           Wife & mom, neither a surprise. I am surprised at how often I "fail" my own standards at both. I'm more surprised at what I'm not--a published book author. This destiny is taking its time. I'm getting impatient.
Q:           Do you consider yourself “Goth” (see http://www.wikihow.com/Be-Goth and http://www.wikihow.com/Be-a-Christian-Goth ) or “Gothic” as interested in the paranormal and curious about the darker side of life? Explain. What word(s) do you use to describe this/these traits? 
A:           I still wear my eye makeup too dark and often smeared. Given the time and money, I'd always have some shocking color in my hair. In fact, I'm long overdue. I'll have to correct that. More than looks, I consider myself a non-traditional, contemporary traditionalist, if that makes sense. I like to shake up the status quo. I'm a warrior at heart and have to watch myself so I don't blast mean people with psychic energy.
Q:           What are the most pressing issues facing people today?
A:           Keeping track of everything and everyone. You have to specialize to "make it" in this society, yet the generalists are the ones who keep the wheels turning.
               Globally, I believe the environment is our most urgent problem. Dirty energy's bad stuff ripples through all of life. Just look at this global warming/polar vortex trend and fracking. Mother Nature is NOT happy. Neither is God. Look what we've done to His beautiful creation.
               Personally, it's that we forget or refuse to acknowledge that we're spirits having a bodily experience. We're supposed to integrate the two to really live and explore this lifetime.
Q:           What keeps you going when you times get hard? (People, places, things, philosophy, quotes, songs, foods, etc.)
A:           Good people, good music, good food, art, music, quiet fun, nature, etc. Philosophy:  Doing your "best" regardless of what others do BUT  Not burning out by being perfect when "Good enough" will do. It's a balance.
Q:           What is your hope for the future?
A:            That my children find their places in a career where they can follow their passions and in a relationship where they are loved for who they are. I wish this for ALL people, not just my family.

Your links:  


http://www.facebook.com/godgirlgoth
http://www.twitter.com/godgirlgoth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak up here.