2/27/14

The Classics - A Bucketlist Item

I've added reading 10 classics to my Bucket List, but not my Adventure Challenge, because it's a subset of my "Read 40 books" challenge. 


Image: Jemimus/Creative Commons


Still, I feel like I've missed out when I hear pop culture referencing certain classics that I didn't read or don't remember. 

Like...
  1. Zen & the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance
  2. Catcher in the Rye
  3. Frankenstein
  4. Slaughterhouse Five
  5. A Clockwork Orange
  6. Memoirs of a Geisha
  7. The Alchemist
  8. The Four Agreements
  9. The Bell Jar
  10. The Secret Garden
  11. Walden
  12. Wind in the Willows
  13. Uncle Tom's Cabin
  14. The Divine Comedy (not just The Inferno)
I've read most of these:  http://www.marieclaire.co.uk/blogs/543792/15-classic-books-that-you-have-to-read-at-least-once.html
and all of these: http://www.us.penguingroup.com/static/pages/features/tenessentialclassics/
and many of these:  http://www.listsofbests.com/list/11305-100-greatest-books .

I am an English Lit major, after all. So I guess my 10 will fill in the blanks in my pop culture classic literature list.

Here is a list I think I can use. It's an updated classics list. Yum :)


What are your beloved books?? 
What do you still have to read for your Bucket List?

2 comments:

  1. Wis news just because supposedly but the class is not looking good for your soul or helpful in life. Catcher in the Rye is it dark, this. But we still haunts me 30 years later slaughterhouse 5 not be the kind of content anyone should read. Just because someone is labeled a class does not mean it can be helpful to anyone. The decision to read but should not be because it's on the classics list because it helps want to be a better person, to better understand and to love others, understand God and His purposes and to help have a healthy mind in perspective creation

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know some assigned books were haunting, even years later. I'll not read any book just to mark it off the list, not when there's so many good books to read.
    Thanks for the comment and the perspective!

    ReplyDelete

Speak up here.