3/7/14

Y2R Adventure 12: Carving Jack-o-Lanterns






What I did: Carve Pumpkins into Jack-O-Lanterns


When I did it:  October 2013

Notes:  My husband usually helps, but I took the leading role from pattern selection (helping them weigh pros and cons) to carving supervision to carving help.

The Takeaway/What I learned:   There's more fun in participating than watching.

Do Again?:   Absolutely.

Rant:  Clean up? If you save a disposable party tablecloth, and use it to carve on, you can throw the pumpkin innards into the grass recycling and the rest into the trash.

Rave:  Helping 1 child at a time makes for a longer, but less chaotic, carving time. And you get more one-on-one time. 

Words of Wisdom:   Use the whole creative process to gain wisdom into your child's thinking and personality.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak up here.