4/11/14

Y2R Adventure 15: I Colored My Hair

The Ombre Inspiration (*Note:  Photo NOT mine.)

The tools

The results 1

The results 2

The results 3

The overall look. It's brighter than it looks in this photo. (See earlier pics)


What I did:  Colored my hair


When I did it: March 2014

Notes:  I bought a temporary hair color because 1) my hair is very porous and holds on to color for a much longer time than expected 2) I dyed my hair blonde (actual color was strawberry blonde, and I loved it until... 3) my dark roots grew out in less than 3 weeks. I didn't want to have to hire a professional to fix my color.

The Takeaway/What I learned: I intended to color all my hair this color, but the first picture in this blog kept replaying in my mind. So I put streaks in instead. I prefer the strips as a test. Next time, I can color all my hair, or more.  

Do Again?:  Absolutely. Maybe I'll use 2 colors.

Rant:  Why did I ever pay anyone for streaks? Oh yeah, the lightening process is necessary for those vivid colors. Still, I like this almost as much. 

Rave:  So much fun being the artist of my own hair. 

Words of Wisdom:  Decide what's most important. For me, it was:

  • unexpected color, not a shocking change. I wanted subtlety over a gawk-worthy wow!
  • no/low maintenance.
  • easy application.
  • a more affordable option than salon color. 
Want to see the video of this post? Go to http://youtu.be/atXKvSkgIxk

Thanks for reading and watching.

?s for you:
Do you color your hair? Reasons? Results? Please speak up in the comment section.

1 comment:

  1. What's up, I would like to subscribe for this webpage to take newest updates, therefore where
    can i do it please help out.

    Feel free to visit my website Download Youtube Videos

    ReplyDelete

Speak up here.